It all started in 1959 as Brown’s Salvage Co., solely owned and operated by Leon and Lois Brown. It was in the business of buying and selling buildings that would be moved to new locations.
But, in 1962, Brown’s took on a new direction and name, becoming Brown’s Electric and Salvage Company – a transition from salvage to new and used electric products.
And again, in 1980, Brown’s changed to the total direction of selling all new electrical and lighting products with a staff that has grown from 3 to 63.
In 1997, the original store in Mt. View was turned into the corporate offices, giving way to the opening of The Lighting Gallery by Brown’s.
Today Brown’s Electric has 5 electrical and lighting locations and 1 lighting only store The Lighting Gallery by Brown’s.
Brown’s Electric and The Lighting Gallery by Brown’s are proud to be the only independent Alaskan owned and operated electrical wholesale and lighting companies in the state.
Brown’s Electrical Supply Co., Inc. has become a leader in selling electrical and lighting supplies in Alaska, with six locations, open six days a week to service all of your electrical and lighting needs.